Saturday, July 24, 2010

Paulsbo Boat Trip

Awesome day today.  God is good, 80 or so degrees, nice water for a boat trip.  We started from Whidbey Island and headed south, we cut in behind Bainbridge Island at Agate pass and then wound our way down to Blake Island (which is just north of Vashon Island).  While we were winding our way through the nice calm water, I heard a loud V8 rumble, I slowed down and looked behind us, there were 4 ocean racers closing fast (I first heard them about a mile away over the sound of our own V8).  I'm not sure how fast this first group was going, but they were flying, just the propellers were in the water.  A minute or so later this guy (pic1) and one other boat started closing in on us, so I gunned our boat (which does 52mph) and the race was on...well, we got smoked pretty bad, they were doing 70 or so, just went cruising right by us.  A few minutes later we rounded the corner and were greeted with this great view of Mt. Rainier(pic2).  We then cruised around Blake Island and were going to stop at the marina there, but they didn't have room for us.  So we decided to go up to Paulsbo. It has been quite a few years since I have been to Paulsbo, and I have to say I was quite impressed, they at least have very good taste in cars (pic3).  We had some pizza at a wood fired pizza place on what appeared to be the main drag through town.  It was quite good I an would recommend it to others visiting Paulsbo.  Which itself, was quite a cool town, I really liked all the Scandinavian stuff and feel to the town.  Pretty much an awesome day.  We even got to see a few porpoises, but no pictures as they were off before we could really get set to take pictures.  Speaking of which, it is really hard to take a picture in a rocking boat.  Trying to compose the shot is nearly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment