Sunday, July 25, 2010

God and Poison Ivy

So the other day I was charged with the task of weed eating a path into the forest at my work.  There was a path last year, but over the winter and spring the plants grew in over it.  While I was out there, I noticed quite a bit of poison ivy.  I've known for a while that poison ivy grows near ferns that have the antidote for it.  Why does this happen?  I don't know, but I can't imagine the two plants really needing each other so close.  Maybe they just like the same soil and environment or its a coincidence.  Quickly my mind jumped to God though, and how it seems like someone planned for them to be near each other for us.  So that when we get a rash from poison ivy, we can quickly put it out.  It just appears too planned out for some other reason to make more sense.  I had to stop and thank God for thinking about us throughout the creation process.  Even though evil exists in this world, God has a plan that will thwart even the best that the devil has planned. 

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment