Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Flank Steak


This is the first blog that will be a recipe, there will be more to follow, but not a whole lot at this time, as I don't have the time to spend trying a lot of new recipes.  However, this is one of our favorite dinners and it is fairly inexpensive if you can get flank steak on sale. 

1.5-2lbs Flank Steak
Garlic powder
Honey (or Brown Sugar, they caramelize on the meat, and it adds a lot of flavor)
Salt
Pepper
Johnny's Seasoning
Teriyaki Sauce


I lay the flank steak in a cake pan and sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder and johnny's seasoning on both sides.  Then I put a little bit of honey on each side (trying to get it all over).  Finally, I fill the pan (over the top of the meat) with Teriyaki Sauce.  I let it marinade for 12-24 Hours.
When I am ready to cook it, I heat my grill on high, till it is hot, and then cook for 5-8 minutes per side (depending on how well done you like

1 comment:

  1. I can attest, this flank steak is delish! Love your blog Nathan, and your pics on etsy too.
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete