Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bible Verse (July 20th)

Luke 4:
 16He (Jesus) went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. 17The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
 18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
      because he has anointed me
      to preach good news to the poor.
   He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
      and recovery of sight for the blind,
   to release the oppressed,
    19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

This was his ministry on Earth, if I am striving to be like him, shouldn't my life look similar?  In what ways can I make my life look more like his, and less of mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment