Thursday, September 23, 2010

Imitation of Christ

We have been using this as our benediction at the end of our church services.  I really like it, and thought I'd share it.  

"Lord may it be that you will help us have steadfast hearts that will not be dragged down by false loves; courageous hearts that will not be worn down by trouble; strong hearts that will not be sidetracked by unholy or unworthy goals.  Lord help us to have the longing to know you, the diligence to look for you, the wisdom to recognize you, the faithfulness that will finally see you face to face.  Through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Amen."

Adapted from Of the Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE IT TOO.DO YOU HAVE A COPY OF THE IMITATION OF CHRIST? IT IS A CLASSIC AND ONE I USED FOR MANY YEARS. IT IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT-BEING LIKE JESUS.LOVE LARRY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually have it, I may have to get it soon though, after school is done, I should have more time to read books for enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete