Tuesday, September 6, 2011

AdobeRGB vs. sRGB

I used to think it didn't matter which mode I shoot my pictures in and to an extent it doesn't.  I have found recently though that after editing the pictures to look great on my laptop, they turned out looking a little green on the web.  Here is an example of that.

Its a good photo, but he looks a little sea sick, or a little green. So after some help from the internet and my friends at Digital-photography-school.com I was able to figure out why.  It turns out that the internet runs on sRGB color space, which is smaller than the AdobeRGB color space my photo, so that when I shoot in AdobeRGB and edit it in AdobeRGB then upload it to the internet it clips the colors that are outside the sRGB color space.  Its a simple fix, with photoshop I just have to save the image as an sRGB for it to make the conversion for me and it does a great job of keeping the color.  If you want to read more about it you can check out the forum post I made.

Here is the picture after I saved it in sRGB.

No comments:

Post a Comment