Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan Recipe
So I followed the above recipe and here are the pictures of my process.

All Cooked:


--2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
--1/2 cup bread crumbs
--1/4 cup parmesan cheese
--1/2 t Italian Seasoning
--1/4 t black pepper
--1/4 t kosher salt
--1 T olive oil (to spread out in crock-pot before putting anything in the pot)
--1 beaten egg
--sliced mozzarella cheese
--favorite jarred marinara sauce
Chicken goes in the egg


Then into the bread mixture
Then into the crockpot

Then some Mozzarella Cheese

Deb made the marinara sauce last night (or you could use store bought)


Pour it on and let it cook

I will post a picture of the finished product before I eat it for dinner tonight. It cooks on low for 6-8 hours depending on if the meat was frozen when you put it in.
I have to admit that I had misunderstood the uses of a Slow-cooker (crock-pot).  I thought the meat always needed to be covered in some liquid (soups or marinade). My first really good meal in one was pork chops, I filled the pot up with pork layered with bacon strips, then I filled it up with Bar-b-que sauce.  Its good, but it really just is pulled pork style.  I want to try a roast soon that isn't covered and see if it can be a little more roast like and less pulled-pork style. 
Also I posted a picture of the yogurt at the bottom of the yogurt post, so check out how it turned out.

Edit: It didn't turn out as good as I was hoping. Its just like pulled chicken.  I think it needs to cook faster so the bread crumbs can solidify. As it was they got soaked in juice and just weren't very good.I think this dish is better in the oven.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm sure it'll taste as good as it looks. Your pics are great too!

    ReplyDelete