Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is only one week away.

Today I am thankful for all the little things that make life so good. Food, cold water, warm water, ice cream, milk, OJ, heaters, blankets.

I have no clue who this guy is but I thought this was a killer quote. I have been trying to talk to one of the older kids at my daycare about this very concept. It's definitely easy to say and harder to practice.

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
-Frederick Keonig

Maybe the Grinch said it best, "maybe Christmas, he said, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas means a little bit more." - Dr. Seuss.
Life isn't really about the things its about us and whats on the inside. One could be content with very little, and one could be unhappy and have 'everything' imaginable.

Ecclesiastes 4:8
There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. “For whom am I toiling,” he asked, “and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?” This too is meaningless— a miserable business!

No comments:

Post a Comment