Monday, November 15, 2010

Everything is amazing and Nobodys Happy

We start today off with a hilarious video about how amazing our world is and how people just complain about it. Caution: one swear word and its beeped out, otherwise its a clean video.  One of my good friends shared this with me.



It's far too funny, I think, because it's true.  When was the last time I got upset on my way home because traffic was bad (lets see, friday).  I was still going 30+MPH.  A whole lot faster than if I was walking, plus I had a roof over my head and a heater so I wasn't even cold.  It's humbling to me to see video of people around the world appear to have a genuine joy for life and contentment, and here I am struggling, ungratefully for every last thing I want.  I really do believe that joy (the spiritual fruit) comes from being thankful, being content.  It is impossible in my mind to be a truly joyful person without being a thankful person.  May I learn to contentment.
Today I am thankful for my family and friends who have helped shape me into the person God wants me to be. Also I am thankful for technological advances that make my life easier.

 Two bible verses to end today with. 

Philippians 4:12 (New International Version)

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 Timothy 6:6-9 (New International Version)

 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

1 comment: