Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Repainting the Mustang

A few years ago, my sister put a small dent in my mustang, and it has had a rust spot on the passenger front tire well ever since.  My dad said he tried finding touch up paint and never could. A while back I found some at Automotivetouchup.com, so I bought it.  Today I finally got around to fixing that ugly front fender.  First things first, I had to sand down the rust so that the paint will actually help.  Otherwise the rust will just eat its way through.  then I had to put tape around where I wanted to spray.  Finally I had to spray.  I thought about using a paint brush, but I figured it would leave brush strokes.  So, I used light layers to do the trick, letting each layer dry for a few minutes (as per the spray cans instructions).  After an afternoon, it was done.  You can still see where the two little circles are, but I have a hard time (at least in the light of the garage) seeing the little strip right on the edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment