Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Camera = Better Pictures

I have read many places that a good camera in a poor photographers hands mine as well be a cheap camera.  That one can take high quality pictures with any old camera. I even saw this video of some guys doing a modeling shoot with an iPhone.  All trying to ram home the thought that the camera doesn't matter as much as the photographer. 
And while that is no doubt true to some degree.  The guys with the iPhone are doing the photo shoot with high end lighting equipment, its not just the phone.  If I had that high end gear, I could make an iPhone do some pretty cool things with a little practice. 
Recently, I upgraded from a large zoom point and shoot to a Canon T1i DSLR.  The difference in the quality of pictures is incredible.  I also own a f/1.8 50mm lens for it and I can shoot indoors at my daycare and take pictures (no flash)of the kids and they turn out without any grain/noise.  It is incredible.  I have been so impressed with the difference the new camera has made in my photography, I still have a lot to learn (like getting the focus right more frequently) but I feel like I have been growing so much because of the new camera. 
If you are on the edge and want to take even better pictures, then a good step is a new camera, I think, not just will it help you take better pictures, but it will push to learn to take better pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment