Monday, December 27, 2010

Testimony

Today at our church we had four different people share their testimony's and it was a great time of sharing and listening to a glimpse of what other people are going through.
The thing that really stuck with me though was how life is about the journey and not about the destination.  I don't think I will ever look back and say to myself, "boy, Nathan, you really should have spent more time at work, or on yourself."  Hopefully I won't have to say to my self, "I wish I would've spent more time with my family, friends, on things that matter."  Hopefully, I will be able to stay focused on living my life in a way that pleases God.   I often get caught up in doing 'things', working, going from one thing to another that I forget to just enjoy the life that is going on around me.  As a new year gets ready to begin, I think its a good time to evaluate my priorities, and make sure that they line up with what God wants from me.  Help me to remember to enjoy every day.  That I may be a joyful person that spreads the Good news wherever I go.

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

We are reminded this Christmas that we still hope on a star, on a baby born in Bethlehem.   And that hope should change the way we live.

1 comment:

  1. I like/agree with your way of thinking. Focusing on the Lord God makes all the difference. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete