Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Injustice


Guinea ethnic conflict

Came across the above link yesterday while avoiding homework.   Now it seems to me from reading that the one group was mad about the election results and did a little bit of damage to the other group, who retaliated by murdering some of the first group.  I have a hard time understanding what I can do to stop this kind of injustice in the world.  Giving to http://www.ijm.org/ is a start, but that doesn't feel to personal, and I don't know if it needs to be personal, and I don't fully comprehend the situation, and probably can't.  Sometimes I feel so helpless in this world to make real change.


Isaiah 58: (NIV from Biblegateway.com)
 6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
   and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
   and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
   and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
   and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
   and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
   and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
   you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment