Friday, October 22, 2010

Take me in

We used to sing this song at my church, and I really liked it.  I looked everywhere to buy it and I couldn't find it.  Take a listen it rocks. 



It talks about being taken into the holy of holies, which was the most sacred part of the Jewish Temple, the priest was only allowed in there once a year I think.  It was where they kept the Arc of the Covenant.  It also asks God to touch my lips with Coal a reference to Isaiah 6:6
 6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

Pretty awesome lyrics, pretty sweet song I think.  

1 comment:

  1. The high priest was allowed to enter the holy of holies on only one day per year. It is Yom Kippur,the day of atonement. He had to go in with a rope around his ankle so he could be pulled out if he died because no one else could go in to get the body.It was also the day the scapegoat was driven into the wilderness after the people's sins were laid on it.

    ReplyDelete