Monday, July 25, 2011

San Juan Boat Trip (With Killer Whales)

This weekend we went on a boat trip with my dad up to the San Juan Islands.  It was a great trip.  I took my old camera as I know we often run into rough waves and didn't want my SLR getting rocked and tossed about the boat (not so good on mechanical parts).  So these pictures are quite as good as normal.  Also, I found it to be quite difficult to get a good picture with the boat constantly rocking.

You got the GPS right? And the Map?  

Too Late to turn around

Pirates!!! We had to fight them off, but we succeeded

Hey I think we can buy that place. 

Looking at Dececption Pass we saw even more fog, so we decided to go up through La Conner

Mount Baker


Cattle Point Lighthouse, San Juan Island

We saw killer whales off Lime Kiln, San Juan Island.  

They Got really close



We saw three full breaches, this was the best, its a little blurry full size, but it is so hard to get a good one. 

Splash

By this point, I had camera overload, I didn't know which way to look or point the camera.  Too much was going on.

They got the salmon corralled against the shore and were having a great feast. 

Deception pass on our way home, Amazing how the fog clears.

No comments:

Post a Comment