Friday, July 29, 2011

Deleting Photos

I've been avoiding a problem for a long time.  I have tons of photos on my computer (over 250 GB) and haven't taken the time to delete many/any of them.  My backup drive was starting to get full, so I figured it was time for me to start cleaning up my photo folders (after all, who needs 100 photos of the same sunset?).  I also read this article about deleting ruthlessly.  Fabulous article, and I think it will help me appear to be a better photographer, because instead of going through all my photos when I am showing someone my work, I will be going through the best 10% (or so).  I have been deleting photos from the past year or so, and have reduced most folders from ~800 photos to less than 100.  I feel like I'm doing a good job of still keeping the memories, but not taking over all my hard drive space.

No comments:

Post a Comment