Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Natural Living Tip

I have been looking for ways to save money and put less chemicals into our environment.  Part of this comes from a class where we saw all the things that go into our water system and its kind of disgusting.  I will see if I can find the flash animation we made.  It was mostly dealing with drugs and other things that are disposed of in our water system (flushed down the drain).

Anyway onto the tip.  This comes in 2 parts.  Both are uses for cheap white vinegar.
1. You can use it to clean windows and mirrors (instead of Windex or similar product).  This tip comes from my sister in law.  I just couldn't believe how well it worked.  Why is Windex made at all?  It does an just as good a job if not better.  Just pour a little onto a paper towel and clean the mirror like normal.
2.  You can use it instead of Jet Dry in the dishwasher as a rinsing agent.  I just started doing it and my dishes look fine (don't have anything to compare it with).  We didn't use Jet Dry (way too expensive), but seems to work.

I'm sure that there are more uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment