Saturday, January 1, 2011

Light Trails Ferry and the Train

The great thing about winter is being able to get night photos, sunrise photos and sunset photos without having to change my sleep schedule, as sunrise is about 8am, and sunset is like 4:30-5pm. 
This first photo is of the ferry coming in. I took a bulb exposure (where the shutter is open until I tell it to close, in this case 2 minutes) of the ferry docking, and then a 25 second exposure of the ferry in the dock (unfortunately, its a touch blurry I think because the boat was still moving and I was in a hurry to get the shot before the train came for the second picture). Then I superimposed the light trails on the stationary ferry picture with photoshop.



This second picture was a 20 second exposure with the kit lens of the train going by right in front of the ferry.



Because of the really long shutter, any movement by light becomes a light trail, which I think makes a pretty sweet photo.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment